In Iceland this week with the 10up team – sharing some random photos.
Also found time to hit up a few record stores (all in Reykjavik):
- Lucky Records, 105, Rauðarárstígur 10
- Big – bordering on overwhelming. Could have spent hours here.
- Reykjavik Record Shop, Klapparstígur 35 Reykjavík
- Smaller – but with a really nice curated selection – some new vinyl but also quality recent reissues and used
- Geisladiskabúð Valda, Laugavegur 64, 101 Reykjavík
- Mostly CDs in the front room, but there is a back room with LPs – some solid crate digging – can feel a bit claustrophobic but worth it
- Alda Music Plötubúð, Eyjarslóð 7, 101 Reykjavík
These were closed when I tried to visit, so didn’t get to them:
- Smekkleysa Record Shop, Hverfisgata 32 (Entry from Hjartatorg, 101)
- 12 Tónar, Skólavörðustígur 15, 101
Leave a Reply